Monday, November 1, 2010

Do you know how a raven is like a writing desk?

Simplicity 0806

Happy Halloween!  I had such a great time sewing this costume and wearing it!  I made the jacket and vest, and shortened a pair of pants.  The rest of the costume was purchased.  Doesn't the make-up look amazing!  Thanks to my friend Laura!

Wow...I can't believe I haven't blogged since August.  I've started my new job and it has taken me a while to adjust to the demands, but I'm back now better than ever!

Remember this?  This is the finished Burda shirt I was working on last time I blogged.  It's hard to see the details in the picture.  It has matching blue buttons on the front placket and sleeve tabs, and gold buttons on the gun flap and epaulets.  I did a couple fitting changes and I think it worked out perfectly.



What's up next?  I'm in the planning and muslin stages of a winter coat. I'm going on a very anticipated vacation to NYC the week of Christmas, and since it's going to be freezing, I've decided to make a warm, winter coat.  Gertie, at www.blogforbettersewing.com, is a constant inspiration and has motivated me to tackle this big, quite overwhelming project.  I've decided to use the same pattern I used for the costume, but make some many fitting and design changes.  I'll post pictures of the muslin this week for suggestions.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment